A2P (Application to peer) messages have massively grown in the last years and so has A2P Fraud!
Reasons behind this is mainly the commerce industry and the vast availability of smartphones with access to Internet. This in addition to the web-enabled services and applications developed such as:
mobile payments, mobile banking, subscriptions, verification codes and many others that have all contributed to the growth of A2P (application to peer) messages.
Indeed, the multi-billion dollar A2P market has enjoyed growth as brands and enterprises use the trusted channel for authentication and customer engagement, as well as marketing.
But, the A2P Messaging industry identifies as well around a dozen fraud types impacting the messaging business. Operators often fail to recognize some of these threats allowing them to pass by their networks causing them to lose revenue and subscribers.
What kind of A2P Fraud Types Operators Deal With?
- Spam: A number of promotional messages sent to bought or collected lists of numbers in an attempt to increase sales.
- Spoofing: A hidden sender id tricking the consumer into opening the message by thinking it’s sent from a familiar source.
- Phishing: The sending party attempts to gain access to online information by pretending to be a trustworthy party.
- Malware: Control of the subscriber’s system to obtain credentials without his knowledge through an app acting silently in the background.
- Access Hacking: Credentials hacking for SMS websites, paying with stolen credit cards or other forms and sending unwanted messages.
- Grey Routes: Exploitation of absent commercial agreement as a way to avoid paying for message termination when sending A2P messages.
Indeed, these types of fraud affect everyone, be it directly or indirectly, no matter where you are positioned within this chain. If consumers lose faith in SMS, or consumer complaints drive the application of overbearing regulations and rules over this system, then this quick, immediate and effective means of communication might be lost.
This is enough reason to protect this medium by securing networks in order eliminate all kind of threats. Our Smartwall and SMS Gateway Management are fully designed to provide full security over your network and increase customer satisfaction.
So what are you still waiting for?
Do you believe that your network is 100% protected from all those threats? Are you positive that you are generating the right revenue from A2P messaging?
Monty Mobile has the right experience and tools to give you control over your network. We are on a mission to secure the SMS business and to help you develop and grow your coverage by preserving the quality of your services.
Protect your network and subscribers with our SMS Gateway Management and Smartwall and benefit from this Multi Billion Dollars Industry!